New York Unifund CCR Partners Judgment

  • Put our knowledge and experience to work for you

  • Let our expert negotiators guide you to a better outcome.

  • We work hard for you

  • You may not have to settle with a Bill of Review / Vacate of Judgment

  • No Hourly Fees. Easy Payment Plans.

Costs to Resolve Unifund CCR Partners Judgments

Up To $3,000

$450Flat Fee
  • (Up to 2 payments)

$3,000 to $10,000

$75000Flat Fee
  • (Up to 3 payments)

$10,000 to $20,000

1,250Flat Fee
  • (Up to 5 payments)

$20,000 to $40,000

1,950Flat Fee
  • (Up to 5 payments)

Bill of Review / Vacate Judgment

Vacate a New York Judgment

$1,50000Initial Filing Fee
  • $500 per month while litigation lasts

Unifund CCR Partners Judgments in New York

a judgment is valid

A New York Unifund CCR Partners judgment is good for 20 years, but if the plaintiff wants to enforce the judgment against land it is only good for 10 years unless the plaintiff renews it for another 10 years.

To collect on a Judgment in New York, Unifund CCR Partners can go after your bank account. This is called a bank garnishment Restraining Notice signed by the court

In New York, Unifund CCR Partners can use a judgment to go after your wages. This is wage garnishment is done through the employer by a Income Execution signed off by the court.

Unifund CCR Partners can take non-exempt personal property, like a car, boat or jewelry: They can fill out a Property Execution and give it to an Enforcement Officer to use to take the Debtor’s personal property.

Unifund CCR Partners can hinder the sale of land: A judgment filed in a County Clerk’s Office becomes a lien on the Debtor’s land or land he or she buys in the county. Having a lien means that the Debtor can’t sell the property without paying the Creditor.

How do we help you settle Unifund CCR Partners‘s Judgment

The value of hiring our law firm to assist you in negotiating and settling your judgment with Unifund CCR Partners is so that it gets done the correct way to give you the best possible outcome we know how to provide. Yes you can settle a judgment with anyone yourself. But for many consumers negotiating with money clouds their minds and often inhibits their ability to come out with a great outcome. We are not emotionally involved with your debt. Our goal is to help you achieve a great out come. Our experience often allows us to perceive other options or recommend other actions.

When we settled with Unifund CCR Partners,

  1. All communication goes through us. You will not speak with Unifund CCR Partners or their attorneys.
  2. We will devise a strategy to settling the judgment.
  3. We write a professional hardship letter that allows Unifund CCR Partners to understand why this is a great offer and they should accept.
  4. We conduct the full negotiation for you.
  5. Our attorney reviews the settlement agreement for compliance and to make sure you are represented.
  6. We help ensure the Satisfaction of Judgment is obtained in a timely manner.
  7. We make sure the Satisfaction of Judgment is filed correctly.

How do we help you fight Unifund CCR Partners‘s Judgment

You can vacate a default judgment in New York by filing a lawsuit against Unifund CCR Partners. There are a few reasons a judge may agree to vacate a judgment.

Lack of Personal Jurisdiction (bad service)

The judge can vacate a default judgment if you were not given the papers starting the case the right way. To find out if you were not given the papers the right way, go to Common Examples of Bad Service. You can also ask the Court Clerk for a copy of the Affidavit of Service to see what it says about how the papers were given to you. If you try to vacate a judgment because of bad service, you do not need to give the judge any other reason to vacate the judgment. But you will have to prove the bad service to the Judge at a special hearing called a “traverse hearing.” If the court finds that the service was good and you did not give the court another reason, the Judge will not vacate the judgment.

Excusable Default
This is the most common reason for vacating a default judgment. It has two parts: (1) a good reason why you missed your court date or did not Answer; and (2) a good reason why the plaintiff or petitioner should not win the case (a good defense). Your time to ask to vacate the judgment for this reason may be limited if you were served with a copy of the judgment.

The most common example of a reason for missing court or not answering is that you never got any papers telling you to come to court. Other examples of good reasons are that you were out of town, ill, incarcerated, unable to take time off from work, or had transportation problems. You would also have a good reason if the attorneys for the other side told you not to bother going to court. Sometimes people do not Answer because they do not understand what the court papers are. This is not usually a good reason but some judges may accept it.

There are many reasons why the plaintiff should not win. This depends on the facts in your case. For example, in a consumer debt case, the defendant might tell the court that the default judgment should be vacated because he disputes the amount of the debt. Disputing the amount of the debt, combined with bad service, is a common reason to ask the court to vacate a default judgment.

This law firm can help you navigate the complicated legal process.